Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2) - Drink Deep



(Waiting on Wednesday is a feature hosted by Jill @ http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/ that shares what upcoming releases we are on the edge of our seats about!

There are so many releases that I'm waiting on! It was really hard to choose just one. Luckily, a lot of the covers for my "Can't wait till it comes out!" choices haven't come out yet, so that made this week's pick easier. I didn't want to post a big blank gray rectangle!

So (cue music!) my pick this week is..........

Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
Drink Deep
(Chicagoland Vampires #5)
by Chloe Neill
Release date: November 1, 2011

(Synopsis from Goodreads)
Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can't tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven't been this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet. If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down.

That's when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly.

Chicago's mayor insists it's nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She'll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who's behind this, and stop them before it's too late for vampires and humans alike.


SO...what this synopsis doesn't say is what the heck is going on with you-know-who regarding you-know-what! If you read the most recent CLV book (and almost threw your book/Kindle/Nook across the room after your jaw hit your chest) then you know what I'm talking about!

That's why Drink Deep is my pick this week (despite the weird title and the disproportionate girl on the cover).

What is YOUR WoW pick?

11 comments:

  1. o i can't wait for that book to come out either. We have to see what happened with you know who lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard really good things about it. I should check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Waiting on Wednesday! I am really looking forward to reading this novel. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me intrigued with the you-know-what and you-know-who comment. I haven't read this series yet but I may just have to pick it up. Great choice
    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    P.S New follower here... great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for the follow and comment on my blog! I'm following you back :)

    I've never heard of this series, but it sounds great, especially since you mentioned being frustrated with the ending of the last one lol I run into that a LOT in UF, so I'll probably be waiting for this one to come out before picking up any earlier ones, just so I won't have to wait :P

    Jess
    Romanceaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about this series, but I haven't had a chance to read it. Hope you enjoy the next installment!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this to come out! The wait is too long! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you...I only pick ones that have cover art available...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just to let you know I've put you on my award list on my blog. :)

    http://sfmscarletletters.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    Shaunna
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of this series...never started on it though. I really should though. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...