Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Goldilox's Greatest Hits Volume 9

Goldlox's Greatest Hits is our monthly wrap up feature. We'll recap our favorite books we've read this month and show you some of our favorite posts that you might have missed, as well as what's coming up next on Goldilox and the Three Weres. The feature's getting a bit of a makeover this month, so let us know what you think.

What We Reviewed


Rose Red says Jenn Stark's Immortal Vegas series just became an auto-buy. She gave the first book, Getting Wilde, 4 stars. She called  Time Salvager by Wesley Chu "the sci-fi/dystopian/thriller mashup that I never knew I wanted" and gave it 4.5 stars.

Gretl gave the House Immortal series finale, Crucible Zero by Devon Monk, 4.5 stars.

What We Recommended

This month Read This F-ing Book posts featured Ilona Andrews's  Kate Daniels series, Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho, and the Damar series by Robin McKinley.


We also just celebrated the third anniversary of Read This F-ing Book. Check out our anniversary post! The giveaway is open until October 5.
 
And we brought back Waiting on Wednesday recently. This month's picks are Soundless, Thinning the Herd, and The Aeronaut's Windlass.
 

What We're Watching

Some months our reading, and therefore reviewing, gets completely derailed by a Netflix binge. And a lot of times my binges can be blamed on someone raving about a show on social media. So this month I decided to pay it forward.

http://www.syfy.com/killjoys

I'm totally taking credit for the fact that my co-bloggers are both obsessed with Killjoys! I mentioned it in my Sell Me on SciFi post and now it's everywhere. It's recently been featured on Heroes and Heartbreakers and The Mary Sue. Yup, that was all because of me ;) This one's not on Netflix yet, so check On Demand, SyFy.com or iTunes.

A couple of my favorite authors loved Justified. I got Amazon Prime last month so I finally got to watch it. I love Raylan Givens! And Walton Goggins is always amazing. I've even added the books that the show is based on to my wish list.

While I'm waiting for season 6 to start streaming, I decided to get my lawman fix with Longmire on Netflix. I didn't realize it was possible to be even more rural than Harlan, Kentucky, but Durant, Wyoming manages it. Sheriff Longmire's county borders a Cheyenne reservation, and the Native American politics and culture in the show make it unique among crime dramas.

What We Found

You might remember me raving about Carolyn Crane's Associates series in a few different posts. I recently got a postcard from one of the Associates! After I figured out that I didn't have a stalker, because I totally forgot I signed up for these, I decided this is the coolest thing ever.


What We're Working On

It's almost time for Goldilox and the Three Scares again! The event starts at the end of the month. We're lining up authors and giveaways for you as we speak.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...