Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Really Short Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater


Blue Lily, Lily Blue
(The Raven Cycle #3)
Maggie Stiefvater
Release: October 21, 2014
Goodreads Amazon
There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.
Review by Rose Red:

How do these books keep getting better and better as the series goes on? I loved everything about this book! The plot, the writing, and the characters are so on point that it feels like a dream and not a real book. The more I thought of what to write for this review the more I became convinced that it's one of those books that you should go into a little blind so I'm just going to leave you with my initial reaction from Goodreads. I really can't think of a better way to review this that wouldn't involve spoilers.

"Well... hell. I did not see that coming. I saw none of that book coming. Holy hell! This series is SO amazing! How is it possible? Seriously. All of these books have been so full of everything I love all wrapped up in beautiful writing. Maggie Stiefvater is a freaking genius! This is a series I think I'll be finding something new with each reread for years to come. It's so good! And I'm shipping everyone together. Especially Pynch. I'm shipping Pynch so hard right now!

Oh my goodness! How the heck have you all that read this when it came out been waiting for book four? Seriously. How? I only have to wait two months and I'm thinking that will be a long and terrible wait. How have you all waited a year and a half? I think this is the most scared I've been for the last book in a series in a very long time. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!"

Yes. I went online and found out what the ship name for Ronan and Adam was. I'm totally behind that friendship becoming more. That aside. How have people waited for eighteen months for The Raven King without going insane? Seriously. HOW?!?

Now let's just all keep our fingers crossed that Maggie Stiefvater doesn't completely crush us with this next book. My anxiety levels are so high waiting for this book. I need for all of these characters to make it out okay. I'm all for #SaveGansey2016. I can't even begin to predict what's going to happen in the next book but I need it in my life!


    
  5 / 5 Stars!

My reviews of other books in this series:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...