Friday, September 15, 2017

Unboxing and Review: August Whimsify Box


This is part two of my August subscription box reviews.
Check out my post about the August Owlcrate box here.

The Whimsify theme this month was Fantasy Kingdoms.


Last month's Whimsify was my favorite box ever, so this one had some pretty high expectations to live up to. As a whole I don't love it, but there are some great items in here:

This month's candle is from Meraki Candles and inspired by A Darker Shade of Magic. There were four different candles, one for each version of London in the books. Mine's Red London. Floral scents are tricky for me, but this lily and marigold one is nice. Part of me wishes it were more red since it's Red London, but the pink makes it different than my other Red London candle.

Mini book necklace featuring a map of Prythian from ACOTAR by Just 1 More Chapter. I love the map but it's so small that it's hard to photograph. There will be a close up in my Instagram post.

Honey Eucalyptus lip scrub by Literary Apothecary inspired by Arwen from LOTR. If you live somewhere that's cold in the winter, lip scrub is a must. But they're actually hard to find. I'm looking forward to trying this one when the weather changes.

Westeros map from Game of Thrones by Jane's Tiny Things. I don't actually watch GoT (I know! Don't throw things at me.) but I love the map. It's sure to appear in a #MapMonday post soon.

Possibly my favorite item this month is the map to Narnia bookmark by Book and Art. There are five different ones that fit together to form a whole map. It's just so pretty!

Alicante sunglasses inspired by The Mortal Instruments were designed by Glitter Saturday. This is the one item that disappointed me. The lettering on the side is obviously a sticker and the frames feel cheap.

This month's book is Shimmer and Burn by Mary Taranta which came with a signed bookplate. It's a high fantasy about smuggling magic and it sounds so good. Plus the cover is gorgeous!

32333246


September's theme is "Queens Good and Evil." Whimsify also announced that the boxes will be shipping later in the month so I'll probably continue this two part unboxing as long as I keep getting two boxes.

Do you like subscription box reviews?
What other products would you like to see us post about?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...