Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thoughts on 2018's Spring Anime Premieres, Part 1


Okay. I did terrible about keeping up or even starting anime from the winter season. I’m going to try to do better at watching anime this spring season and not just rewatch old favorites.. *cough* Yuri on Ice *cough*

So to motivate myself to start all the anime I'm interested in, I decided to write a post that turned into two about my thoughts on the first episodes of each show. There's so many shows I want to watch this season! For the most part, I can tell by the end of the first episode whether I'll like an anime or not. I'm hoping that this season will be a good one for anime after the many disappointments of the fall season. So here is the first set of premieres I watched and my opinions on them.


Tada Never Falls In Love
Premiered: April 5th on HiDive 

Okay. I'll be honest. This anime wasn't even on my radar until my friend, Nikki, mentioned it on her Twitter. I'm so glad I checked it out! I'm all in after just the first episode. It was freaking adorable! I can already tell that it’s going to be one of my favorites this season. I’m intrigued about the characters and can’t wait to learn more about them! Especially Teresa! I have some theories about who she is and I can't wait to see if any of them are right.


PERSONA5 the Animation
Premiered: April 7th on Crunchyroll

PERSONA5 the Animation is a lot of my anime and gaming friends' must watch anime of this season. Personally, I haven't played the game this is based on yet so I don't know much about the story line. I was a bit confused in parts but it has definitely pulled me in. I'm intrigued to see where it is going and I want to know more about the characters. Plus, the animation style while a bit flashy is still pretty cool. I'll definitely be continuing on with this one.


My Hero Academia Season 3
Premiered: April 7th on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Funimation

Honestly, I was going to watch season three of My Hero Academia whether the first episode was good or not. It was this weird mash-up of a recap and a pool party but oddly enough it worked. I'm so excited for this season! I'm definitely all in!


Dances with the Dragons
Premiered: April 5th on Crunchyroll

I'm conflicted on this one. The first episode was pretty meh but I'm intrigued by the premise. The anime promises to be this futuristic sci-fi dragon hunters show mixed with some political intrigue. I'm going to give it a couple more episodes before I call it quits but I wasn't impressed with the premiere.


Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits
Premiered: April 2nd on Crunchyroll

This is another anime I hadn't heard about that my friend, Nikki, informed me of. The first episode was SO good! I'm all in! This show so far seems to be a mix of Kamisama Kiss and Natsume Yujin-cho and I am here for it! I've already watched the second episode and it has just gotten better! I can tell that this one is going to be a season favorite for sure!


Hinamatsuri
 Premiered: April 6th on Crunchyroll

OMG! Guys! Hinamatsuri surprised the hell out of me with how good it was! I never knew I needed an anime about a Yakuza becoming the caregiver of a girl with telekinetic powers. It sounds weird but the first episode was SO good! And funny! And oddly endearing! I think it will be a favorite this season!


My Sweet Tyrant
 Premiered: April 6th on Crunchyroll

My Sweet Tyrant is a bit weird and has really short episodes (~3.5 mins) but I liked the first one enough to continue on with it and see where it goes. I'm all for animes with weird relationship dynamics.

So that's all for today's post! Check back tomorrow for more of my thoughts on this season's anime premieres! There's lots of good ones this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...